Downtown Wimberley: Hub of the Texas Hill Country
Ready for a vacation, but not sure where to go since COVID-19 is still affecting our everyday lives? Why not take an in-state vacation to Wimberley, Texas, the heart of the Texas Hill Country? While in Wimberley, make Cypress Creek Cottages your home away from home and the hub for all things in the Hill Country. There are tons of things to do and see and plenty of amenities and comforts to enjoy while changing the scenery and staying safe!
For a complete guide to Wimberley and its surrounding areas, check out our Texas Hill Country Itinerary. There you’ll find information on the best restaurants, outdoor activities, attractions, and more!
Discover the Wonders of Wimberley
A small town full of Texas history and breath-taking views, Wimberley is an ideal spot for a staycation – an in-state vacation getaway. Enjoy the natural beauty of the area with lots of outdoor activities including hiking and swimming, or spending time enjoying the eateries and wineries in the area.
Activities and Sights
Nature and Shopping
- The natural beauty of the Texas Hill Country is breathtaking no matter where you are. Reserve some swim time at a swimming hole like Cypress Falls or Blue Hole Regional Park, take a hike at Cypress Creek Nature Trail and Preserve (pet-friendly and less than 100 yards from the Town Square in downtown Wimberley) or at Wimberley’s newest, Old Baldy Park.
- Shopping: There are tons of “mom and pop” shops to explore: The Tree House, Kiss the Cook Kitchen Shop, Blue Willow, Wall Street Western, Book Whisperer, Cedar Chest, The Herb Room, The Old Mill Store, The Gypsy Market, and more!
- Catch a movie at the drive-in without cars, the Corral Theatre!
- Visit Jack Glover’s Cowboy Museum for some history and good ole fashioned fun or go for a ride with Central Texas Horseback Adventure.
- Wimberley Market Days: On the first Saturday of every month, browse hundreds of local vendors. Hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and admission is free, check their Facebook page for important updates.
Check out our other blog post for more things to do in Wimberley.
Food and Drink
After all your adventuring, you’ll need to unwind and refuel! Here are a few restaurants and bars in or near downtown Wimberley:
- Leaning Pear: Enjoy some hill country-inspired cuisine at this restaurant run by a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. They are “an eatery centered on fresh, seasonal and local food”.
- Community Pizza & Beer Garden: This Beer garden and restaurant has 32 taps, a full bar, and features wood-fired Neapolitan pizza. Come with your friends or bring the little ones along and let them play on the pirate ship playscape!
- The Salt Lick BBQ: With roots dating back to the 1800s, this authentic and historic restaurant serves “mouthwatering barbecue” to scores of people every week.
- Or take your pick of Wimberley wineries.
- One of our favorite places to sample wines and local beers paired with food is Los Olivos.
The COVID-19 pandemic is still with us. The State of Texas and local municipalities routinely adjust reopening plans to make sure travelers, businesses, and local communities stay safe. Because the situation can and does change, you should always call ahead to any establishment you plan to visit.
Ensuring guest and staff safety is our top priority. You can read more about our cleaning and disinfecting practices to keep you safe.
Due to the recent resurgence of coronavirus cases, many local businesses and attractions have made significant changes to their operations and hours of availability. The governor of Texas has outlined the Minimum Recommended Health Protocols in a series of PDFs. The protocols include wearing a face covering while in public and keeping any group gatherings small.
Always remember to self-screen before deciding to travel. Stay home if you are feeling any of the common symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Wash your hands often. Wash or disinfect every time you enter a business or interact with an employee, visitor, or object. It’s a good idea to bring your own hand sanitizer, too.
Be sure to stay at least 6 feet away from others at all times. Most businesses have rearranged their high traffic areas to keep everyone socially distanced and safe.
Relax in a Private Cottage – Your Home Away from Home
We invite you to stay with us at Cypress Creek Cottages in Wimberley. Each of our 12, pet-friendly properties come fully-equipped with amenities that maximize both privacy and comfort. At your cottage, you’ll find a secluded outdoor deck, sitting area, a personal grill, and a private hot tub.
After fun-filled and exciting days in Wimberley and the surrounding Texas Hill Country, return to your beautiful cottage and enjoy the professionally decorated interior, HD Flat Screen TV, large fireplace, and the spacious living area next to a fully-equipped kitchen. In the bedroom, put your feet up and relax in a king-sized memory foam bed. You’ll feel as though you’re truly in an elevated home away from home. Take a look at our availability and find the perfect cottage for you. We can’t wait to see you!
Start Planning Your Trip!
not only because of our fantastic Hill Country cabin rentals, but because
of our convenient location to all things in the Hill Country.