How to See the Texas Hill Country Fall Colors With Your Family
Texas Hill Country in the fall is a magical time like no other. Fall foliage comes alive, and temperatures become milder. If you’re looking for the perfect way to make memories with your family, take a road trip to Wimberley to see the Texas Hill Country fall colors. We’ve outlined the best places for family fun in autumn.
A hotel room is less than ideal when you are traveling with your family. Stay at Cypress Creek Cottages and have all the comforts of home in a private cottage. And, use our complimentary Hill Country Itinerary when you’re planning your trip. It will save you hours of planning time!
The Best Places to See the Texas Hill Country Fall Colors
Cypress Creek Nature Preserve
Only a 4-minute drive from Cypress Creek Cottages
This seven-acre stretch of land runs alongside Cypress Creek and is conveniently located next to Wimberley Square. When you visit here in the fall, the maple trees yield gorgeous colors of red, orange, and yellow.
What to Do:
- Take a scenic walk along the walking trail.
- Take pictures with the unique art and statues that sit in the preserve.
- Head over to Wimberley Square and go shopping at Wimberley Market Days.
Blue Hole Regional Park
Only a 6-minute drive from Cypress Creek Cottages
This park’s cypress trees will dazzle you with oranges and yellows during autumn. It’s the perfect place to spend the day outside with the family and breathe in the fresh fall air.
What to Do:
- Play a game of basketball or volleyball at the courts.
- Pack a picnic and bask in the scenery as you eat.
- Go swimming. The Blue Hole Swimming Hole remains open throughout September.
McKinney Falls State Park
Only a 48-minute drive from Cypress Creek Cottages.
This outdoor oasis has tranquil waters that are surrounded by bald cypress and red oak trees that change to vibrant shades of reds and oranges in the fall. A day spent here is a day your family won’t soon forget.
What to Do:
- Teach the kids how to fish. McKinney Falls is the perfect place to do this because you don’t need a license to fish from the shore in Texas State Parks.
- Go on a modern-day treasure hunt and look for geocaches.
- Become a Junior Ranger! Pick up a free Junior Ranger Activity Journal at the Visitor Center and earn a badge.
Cypress Creek Cottages Is Perfect for Your Family
Stay in the heart of the Texas Hill Country fall colors at Cypress Creek Cottages and enjoy the best sights and attractions. Our cottages feature all of the comforts of your own home. Our Coral Cottage can sleep up to six guests and contains two bedrooms, a full bathroom, kitchen, private deck, and BBQ grill. It’s also pet-friendly!
Your family will love the location of our creekside cottages. We’re in the heart of Wimberley and are considered to be the hub to Texas Hill Country. You’ll be close to all of the area’s best activities and attractions. Check our availability and start planning your fun-filled fall getaway today!
Start Planning Your Trip!
not only because of our fantastic Hill Country cabin rentals, but because
of our convenient location to all things in the Hill Country.